Green brekky protein toast
PALEO, GLUTEN FREE, DAIRY-FREE.
This is one of my go-to breakfast options, especially when I'm in a rush - it's a great way to pack some greens into your morning.
I just chuck a few veggies in pan, toast in my sandwich press (yep I don't have a toaster - a sandwich press let's you control the crispiness to perfection!) and add avo & toppings at the end.
Change it up to suit what you've got in your fridge: you can use leftover veggies from last night's dinner, and whatever toast takes your fancy
***Product recommendation: I love the paleo-friendly protein toast by "The Protein Bread Co": it's made with a flaxmeal base and is high in protein but low in carbs.
Available at AboutLife Natural Marketplace (Cammeray, Rozelle, Crows Nest and Double Bay)
- 1 zucchini
- Handful of frozen peas
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp tumeric
- 1 egg (OPTIONAL - omit for vegan option)
- 2 pieces of Protein Bread (available from Aboutlife Natural Marketplace)
- Salt & pepper
- Flax seed
- Sauerkraut: so good for gut health, but I understand it's not everyone's favourite
- Leftover veggies: in the second image you can see I've added some yummy roasted pumpkin!
1. MELT the coconut oil in a pan on medium heat.
2. CHOP the zucchini roughly (nothing fancy here!) and chuck in the pan to saute.
3. TOAST your toast - don't forget or your veggies will be ready before!
4. After a couple of minutes, add the peas & tumeric (and any other veggies you want to add - sometimes I add kale) and saute until soft and a little brown.
5. If you're adding an egg - chuck it in now and scramble roughly through the veggies until cooked to your preference. Remove from heat.
6. Top your toast with mashed avo, veggies and whatever extra toppings you like: flax seed, sauerkraut & salt and pepper. Voila!