Choc peanut butter acai bowl
If, like me, you are an acai addict AND a peanut butter addict (it's a scary but beautiful combo) then this will be right up your alley. BEHOLD...the peanut butter acai bowl, in all its addictive deliciousness
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 HUGEEEE tablespoon natural peanut butter (if you're looking for a good one - go with Pics Peanut Butter - available in Woolies, just peanuts & a little salt and its made in NZ!) - can also sub in ANY OTHER NUT BUTTER you have lying around in your pantry
- 1 packet frozen acai (I like Sambazon or Amazonia unsweetened - watch out because some brands throw in cane sugar, corn syrup and other nasty sweeteners!)
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Optional sweetener if you're not sweet enough already: 1 tsp coconut nectar/ coconut sugar
METHOD: Simply blend everything together in a high speed blender/ food processor, then top with your favourite toppings.
MY FAVE TOPPINGS:
- More peanut butter (you can never have too much) or almond butter if you're not a PB fan
- Activated buckwheat aka "bukinis"
- Cacao nibs
- Fruit: berries, banana, kiwi, whatever you fancy/ have in the fridge
- Nuts/seeds: sesame seeds, flax seeds (aka "Linseed"), almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, pepitas